The 'Appabella' cocktail was created by world renowned chef Michael Caines MBE and his team to showcase the first of our Voyager Series limited edition gins, 'Arabella' made in collaboration with Michael Caines MBE. ThE 'Appabella' marries flavours of fresh lemon thyme and green apples combined with a touch of marasca cherries to create a cocktail inspired by an English summer garden.
35ml Salcombe Gin Voyager Series ‘Arabella’ developed with chef Michael Caines
35ml Frobishers Apple Juice
12.5ml Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
10ml Willy's Apple Cider Vinegar
3 dashes of Dr Adam Elmegirab's Teapot Bitters
Michael Caines Blanc de Blancs Champagne
Green apple fan
- Peel the cucumber to create ribbons, adding two ribbons to the inside of a large wine glass.
- Quarter fill the glass with ice to pin the cucumber ribbons to the inside of the glass.
- Fill a Boston shaker with ice, add the 'Arabella' gin, apple juice, maraschino liqueur, apple cider vinegar and bitters and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Long pour the mixture through a strainer until the glass is ¾ full.
- Top up with Michael Caines Blanc de Blancs Champagne.
- Garnish with 3 sprigs of lemon thyme, a green apple fan and a pansy flower.